Thursday, January 28, 2010

Intermission, at the turn, halftime.......3 down 3 to go


Well the good news is our warrior has completed 3 of 6 chemo therapy cycles, she has managed to stay strong and determined to tame the beast again. The crummy news is that the fatigue and bone pain has continued which Reenie has been able to tolerate to a point. The addition of nerve pain in her hands has been at times debilitating making simple chores difficult and somewhat impossible. The doctors and physician assistants have been monitoring the pain and if it becomes intolerable they would scale back the doses of chemo. We don't want that, with the positive results from the last run of tumor markers, we really want to stay on this scheduled treatment. The coming week is a week of hydration and no chemo,time for our fighter to recover, just a little, than its back to anxiety ( a pet scan is scheduled for Thursday Feb 4th) and the second half of the chemo treatment starts Monday Feb 8th. We are looking toward the end of April as a completion date, can't come soon enough. We need to keep looking at all the positives, 1/2 way there, good tumor results, too cold to go out anyway. One thing that creeps into our house every so often is depression, that has been one of my biggest foes this time "keeping Reenie up". I would imagine that even with this &@*%%# weather, staying in the house for weeks at a time other than doctor appointments would get to most of us. So know that your short visits, cards, phone calls and text messages help her spirit. She may not answer, probably sleeping, she may not return a text, hands probably hurt, or may not answer the door, Lifetime movie on, but keep the encouraging words coming anyway. We have a long 3 months ahead, but we know that Reenie can do this, the weather will improve sometime during that period and soon we will be walking in the Beverly Mothers day walk and celebrating life for Reenie and Debbie. Reenie and our family send their love.

5 comments:

  1. Keep going, Reenie! I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear friend, first of all I really miss you I finally finished my chemo and cannot really put in words how joyous I am about that. Only you could understand. Still have side effects and now have lymphadema going on in my arm hoping to start therapy monday. I look like one of those blow up sumo wrestler. Another unexpected bump in the road but staying positive and focused. praying everyday for you and our recovery together and walking with you on Mothers day. I will call you later and hope to come over this week. I have 4 doctor appts. and I don;t know how much therapy but if you are up for a short visit I would love to see you. We will be done with this together soon, keep that beautiful smile and great spirit going you are and always have been an inspiration to me. We can do this my friend, we are doing it!!!! Love and prayers Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will take whatever GOOD news where ever and when ever we can get it, Half way there!!! Better days are coming I can feel it.Know that you may not see me you are always in my thoughts and prayers."Fight like a Girl"love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so you're halfway there, can you see the light at the end of the tunnel? I'm sure it seems still so far away, but you've come a long way and doing it so gracefully. Love you and thanks for the date Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go Girl! Praying for Monday's results! Good news is coming!
    xo xo xo
    Call any time for McD's DC!

    ReplyDelete